[nfb-db] Quick Tip

Shadow Wolf soulalibi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:09:55 UTC 2014

There are two types of equipment that I'm familiar with. The old
traditional hearing aid moisture remover is the one that contains a
silver round metallic thing that has "crystals" inside of them. When you
bake it in the oven, it turns colors. Then it goes back into the
container with the affected hearing aid. That equipment has been around
for as long as I can remember. I wore hearing aids since I was 6.

The other one comes with the CI package. But every CI brand differs from
one another. The one I have is a well known popular CI brand called
"Cochlear America". I have the N5 version. This CI package comes with a
silver box, inside that box contains the "Yellow Brick". This is  used
to dry out moisture from both your CI and hearing aids. While
maintaining the sound quality of your CI.

If you're a hearing aid or CI wearer. You should at least have a drying
equipment. Otherwise, you'll regret not having one if your hearing
aid/CI gets damaged by moisture and HUMIDITY. Excessive humidity also
does damage to your hearing devices.

--S.W.

On 3/27/2014 10:48 AM, sheila wrote:
> thanks for the tip. I didn't know there was equiptment to dry out
> hearing aides with.
> On 3/26/2014 3:19 PM, Shadow Wolf wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> There is something new I learned today. Some of you may or may not
>> know of this. But for those who wear hearing aids. Here is a quick
>> tip, when it comes to your hearing aids accidentally getting wet by
>> water, rain or heavy sweat or moisture while at home. The fasted and
>> easiest solution is to place your affected hearing aid in a bowl.
>> Then add in some white rice. The rice will help dissolve the moisture
>> out of your hearing aids. This alternative will work for those who do
>> not have any moisture drying equipment or "crystal containers" that
>> are normally used to dry out hearing aids.
>>
>> --S.W.

*~Shadow Wolf~*