[nfb-db] convention and interpreters

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:17:09 UTC 2015

Rox,
Here is my experience thus far, which I admit is limited. at the washington seminar, I requested interpretors, for both the great gathering and my meetings with the representatives. But because my state didj't have some of the appointments until the last minute, getting interpretors didn't happen for the congressional meetings. Now the NFB did provide me with interpretors for the great gathering and the reception on tuesday. Both of the interpretors I used, were awesome. And the nfb took care of that for me.
I have already put my request in for interpretors for the national convention. Unfortunately because the agenda is not out yet, I can't say which meetings I will be attending and which I will not. I too am interested in attending the NAGDU, deafblind and human service meetings.
I understand its very hard to make arrangments, you need to know when the meetings are, in order to make interpretor requests, and then of course register for the convention.
That is my experience with interpretors, when I requested SSP's for the Washington seminar, they would not help me with those costs.
We should put in requests for SSP's. All of us, so that everyone knows that there is a need, not just for one person, but all of the deafblind who need to use an SSP.
Just my two cents,

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.