[nfb-db] SSP Workshop at National Convention ALL Welcome

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Thu Jun 11 14:20:56 UTC 2015

HI Everyone,

Below is a flyer concerning the 2nd Annual SSP workshop at this years
Convention.
Whether you are Deaf-Blind, Interested in helping the Deaf-Blind or have
a family member who is Deaf-Blind or just want to know what a Support
Service Provider (SSP) does.  Come to this workshop.

*Deaf-Blind Division *

/Presents a workshop:/

*I CAN’T HEAR THE WHISPERS*

**

*DATE:Tuesday, July 7, 2015*

*TIME:12:30 – 2:30 p.m.*

*WHERE: Salon 3, Level 2*

*//*

Living with a combined hearing/vision loss creates unique challenges and
demands unique solutions.

Leaders in our community will share information on:

·Communication

·Guiding

·SSP services

*/You’ll hear the WHISPERS!/*

Our goal is to offer solutions to communications and travel challenges,
and to share the types of supports SSPs (Support Service Providers) can
offer. We will provide information on SSP services and the challenges
and rewards of establishing an SSP program.

All requests for *Special Accommodations* – such as ASL interpreters –
must be sent to Anil Lewis at:

Jerniganinstitute at nfb.org <mailto:Jerniganinstitute at nfb.org>

Please specify which workshops/seminars you plan to attend and the type
of interpreter needed.

/This workshop is sponsored by the/

//

NFB Deaf-Blind Division