[NFB-DB] GPS/ Navigation tools

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:39:33 UTC 2015

HI

Delcenia.
I don't typically use GPS while crossing streets, but I do use it for
orientation purposes in some situations. I've also found, though, that
sometimes GPS can be more trouble than it's worth. I've also found
that using GPS while on the move is particularly problematic when I'm
trying to read a braille display and use my cane at the same time.
Often, I'll stop walking and look at the gps for relevant information
when that happens. I used to be able to use the info through audio,
which makes it a bit easier, but I no longer have enough hearing to do
so. It's no different than any other travel tool such as a guide dog
or cane. It's useful sometimes, but can't be your only source for
information.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Scott