[NFB-DB] National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division open Membership Phone Conference call

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Tue May 10 00:01:50 UTC 2016

Good evening, while this call is an outstanding idea, I’m one of those people where if it’s during the week it’s probably not a good fit for me timewise. That’s the first concern that I have, to for me anyway it is the night of my local chapter meeting, and I’m on the chapter board so that means I pretty much have to be at the chapter meeting. Might I make a small recommendation, I know other divisions hold their calls on one of the weekend days so that they can get a wider audience, might that be a goal for the future. Also I think that it would be help people who have jobs and/or other daytime commitments during the week, because of daytime schedules holding it starting at 8 o’clock in the East create some issues for folks on the East Coast as far as how late it starts, and for people in the  Pacific time zone, may not even have left school, or their place of employment yet. Hence I would suggest thinking of a weekend. Just my two cents worth, I’m thinking that late in the afternoon on Saturday, would be good because I don’t think you want to make it Saturday evening because of people’s activities, but you don’t want it too early in the day for those people who have third Saturday of the month chapter meetings. The other thing I would mention is the third week of the month but what I vaguely now he has heavy chapter meeting time, be it Thursday, or Saturday so one might want to look out holding it on a different week of the month. Again these are just suggestions, to help get a larger audience.

Sincerely Maurice mines.
board member, national Federation of the blind of New Mexico Albuquerque chapter.
Board member, New Mexico Association of blind students.
Amateur radio call sign, kd0iko.
message number, 505-369-3283.
> [...]
>> To: Danielle Burton <danielleburton94 at gmail.com <mailto:danielleburton94 at gmail.com>>, Cathy Miller <guillcat at gmail.com <mailto:guillcat at gmail.com>>, Marsha Drenth <marsha.drenth at gmail.com <mailto:marsha.drenth at gmail.com>>, Tracie Inman <tracieinman at yahoo.com <mailto:tracieinman at yahoo.com>>, Kathy Gabry <specialk38 at aol.com <mailto:specialk38 at aol.com>>, Randy Miller <randy500a at gmail.com <mailto:randy500a at gmail.com>>, Janice  Toothman <janice.toothman at verizon.net <mailto:janice.toothman at verizon.net>>, John L Williams <jwjwlliiams775 at gmail.com <mailto:jwjwlliiams775 at gmail.com>>, Brooke Evans <brooke6358 at aol.com <mailto:brooke6358 at aol.com>>, Joe Naulty <jnaulty at cfl.rr.com <mailto:jnaulty at cfl.rr.com>>, Arlene Naulty <amnaulty at aol.com <mailto:amnaulty at aol.com>>, Alice Eaddy <cheiro_alice at aol.com <mailto:cheiro_alice at aol.com>>
>> Subject: National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division open Membership Phone Conference call
>>

>>> It is a new year ...with a renewed opportunity to recognize the many levels of Deaf-Blindness and the impact this dual-sensory challenge presents. As one of these minions, in working, learning and playing with the NFB blind, and often unidentified Deaf-Blind we ask each of you to embrace those you know and those you will soon meet with vision and hearing loss.
>>> Deaf-Blindness exists in every state and Deaf-Blind citizens are within your reach.
>>>
>>> The second National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division open Membership Phone Conference call will take place at 8 PM EST Time on Thursday, May 19th, 2016.  You are invited to join us.
>>>
>>> Join the conference by dialing    18456530114 <tel:18456530114> when printed enter the access code 23452345 followed by the pound sign
>>>

>> the information.
>> Number is 18456530114 <tel:18456530114>
>>>
>>> Alice Eaddy, President
>>> National Federation of the Blind
>>> Deaf-Blind Division
>>> (856) 765-0601 <tel:%28337%29%20479-1912>
>>> cheiro_alice at aol.com <mailto:cheiro_alice at aol.com>
>>>

>>> National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division Membership MEETING
>>> DATE            Thursday, May 19
>>> TIME             8 PM EST
>>>  CALL IN         18456530114 <tel:18456530114> CODE            23452345
>>>   AGENDA
>>>  1. Welcome/Call to Order
>>>  2. Introduction of Board Members
>>>  3. Secretary Responsibilities related to membership
>>>  4. Treasurer Information for membership
>>>  5. Dues
>>>  6. New Business
>>> About us both NFB and Deaf-Blind Division
>>> One minute message
>>>  7.  Operation Outreach and iCanConnect
>>> a.    RESULTS OF OPERATION OUTREACH EFFORTS
>>> 8. SPECIAL REPORT
>>>  Cathy, Danielle and Janice on Committee and Division progress
>>> a.   Membership development and how to improve communication
>>> b. Potential next meeting dates