[NFB-DB] Flyer F2F Conferences 2017-18

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Sun Jun 18 19:03:51 UTC 2017

Good afternoon everyone, Mme. second vice president, I can’t agree with you more. Without going into it let’s just say that I have not in the past and I’m certainly not now a fan of the professionals running a duck blind person’s life. As you said Janice it’s up to us to run our lives, I guess this really does strike at the heart of Vienna the model live the life we want. But more than just quote a me to post, I hope when we gather we talk about strategies to say to the professionals politely, but firmly, that we should live the life we want. Because I think that is a skill? That does not have a one-size-fits-all answer. I am a computer person so live a very hard time dealing with quote professionals on quote because sometimes I just wonder if they deal with me as a person, or do they deal with me the way their textbook said? Or deal with me in some way that some government regulation says they are supposed to deal with me?

Also it seems to me that some of what the professional does, is based on what the professional bay  Thanks about those whom they are serving/working with. Let me finish my thought this way, if the person involved I stated they want XYZ for instance but the professionals says MY inexorably is best for you, who carries the day? Here’s hoping we work on talking about the empowerment piece of it? And not so much what the professionals think, and/or do. I guess because I’ve experienced way too much social worker textbook based professionalism lately. But let me also state for the record here, not all social work folks are all bad, all the time either. They have to deal with a very wide variety of people so blindly blasting them is also not a good thing either because I’ve seen it too often at times and Federation gatherings that I have been out. I think it’s been said at one point with great collective action/power, should also comes great responsibility of knowing when, and where to pick one’s battles. I can attribute that piece of advice to one of my past and probably at times probably current Federation mentors in a sense, through the statement I just made. More to the point the statement that I just repeated from Diane McGeorge. I just say he was definitely the teacher, I am at the times she’d mentioned this to me I was definitely the student. Yes her lesson has come home to roost many times over. So as we talk at convention about all of these things it’s probably helpful for us to really stop and think about that when we all get going. Because we probably have quite a few stories about situations like this. How many solutions do we really have, and does one so answe hour selves., And many different ways. There

Sincerely Maurice Mines.
note my comments above have been dictated to the computer.
 My amateur radio call sign is, kd0iko.
 PS just so that current low listers know ,  I am  currently attending the Helen Keller national Center. So hopefully by comments I received well see you all in Orlando.

ution really fit every case correctly? The most part we deaf blind people, must figure out the