[NFB-DB] Looking For Methods To Help The Deaf-Blind At meetings

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 3 20:43:05 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am looking for a method to help the deaf-blind participate in meetings.

It has been proposed to have a person type the speakers words in real time and send the written speech output to linked computers using Braille displays.

I am not sure how to do this.

I believe that Bluetooth can connect several computers at a time; however, I am unsure how to have the deaf-blind see the output of one
Typist using a bluetooth system.

It has been suggested that I I Use Collaboration software such as
Microsoft teams,
Slack,
go to meeting, or skype for business.

Has anyone linked a system of computers to help the deaf-blind attend meetings?

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best software would be?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838