[NFB-DB] Google Disability Support now includes ASL

Maurice mines mmines1 at icloud.com
Fri Dec 6 19:46:40 UTC 2019

  Dear Scott and others, I think that I’m curious to know what do
people think we should do? Braille yes is critical and yes Google has
stepped up to the plate to deal with braille by supporting the note
taking vendors. Both Hims,  and human where offer braille based
notetakers that are powered by android. And if you’re done using one
of those using Google products with a simple Braille Display should in
theory work okay. So I’m asking what position should the division
advocate on this issue? Because what I think I’m reading here is that
no support for braille is better than some support and what about those
deaf blind people who are culturally deaf server, do we say that okay
they can have ASL only if we get braille I don’t think you want to
pick one disability group against another that would be totally
inappropriate. Just my two cents worth.