[NFB-DB] Fwd: NFB Resolution 2017-3

Cathy Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 15:16:03 UTC 2019

Hello All,
We want interveners in the schools.  We absolutely need interveners to help educate the young people.  However, young DB students also need Braille.  And so does every blind child who has the capacity to learn it.  That is a given, and it is not negotiable.  So please, when you come across the legislation discussed below, don’t be persuaded by  Title 3 and its appeal to our need for interveners.  There are three parts to this legislation, so review our official position, described in Resolution 2017-3 below.  Begin thinking about ways to isolate Title 3 from the rest of the bill so that we get what we need without sacrificing what we have already won.

Begin forwarded message: