[NFB-DB] Using Zoom

Tracie Inman tracielinman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 22:30:24 UTC 2020

Hello:
 I use the Zoom platform with Captions and Transcript. If the Captions are
too fast to keep up, then I open the Transcript and view the transcript to
catch up with the conversation. However, my Jacksonville Chapter President
refused to pay for Captions for their Zoom meetings. She stated "It (the
cost)  is too much for the Chapter to consider".  It made me and another
Chapter member who is Deafblind feel as if we are an "expense".

- Tracie Inman

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 6:06 PM delcenia brown via NFB-DB <nfb-db at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I was wondering if anyone on this list would share how you are using the
> zoom platform.  Any suggestions or tips for using the Zoom platform is
> appreciated. How have you manage to utilize the zoom and the following:
> close caption, chat box and adjust the volume. For me Sometimes it is hard
> to hear everyone clearly on the call. And a bit challenging to use the chat
> feature with voice over while people are talking .  I do not use captioning
> or interpreters. However, I was wondering if I could use the close caption
> with voice over and listen that way. Also, what is Cart? So, Which is
> better a computer, iPad or iPhone.  Thanks in advance for your response.
>

> Delcenia

*Tracie Inman*
*Freedom Now disAbility Empowerment LLC*
*freedomnowaccess.com <http://freedomnowaccess.com>*