[NFB-DB] FW: a piece for the blog

Ineko Gary rubiigary at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:18:50 UTC 2021

Hi Doula
Years ago here in Tampa Florida I’ve got enough location from the same place I can connect. And my sister filled out my part of the application. And then I took the application to my Ali allergist who did my hearing test and gave me updated hearing aids. Because he said the ones I had was for people who are hard of hearing. He said my hearing test showed without hearing aids I am the big D for deaf deaf and with hearing aids I am big HH for severe heart of hearing. Because when I was about 11 years old I started losing my hearing. But at six months old I went blind in the hands of my birth mom. So we never did figure out how I went deaf. We believe it’s somewhere on my Dead side of the family or my birth mom side of the family we just don’t know. But years ago right before I got my first guide dog back in 1997 I consider myself death blind. For the application for the guide dog school. And every time I got a new guide dog I would lose more of my hearing until I got my guide dog number four in 2016 when I realized I no longer could hear voices and I was just guessing what everybody was saying. Lucky half of the time it was correct. And then vocational rehab known as we are here in Tampa Florida paid for me a hearing test and my Bluetooth hearing aids. That the jelly part goes in the ears then there’s a tube that goes up and connects to the hoarder piece that goes behind the ear. And my audiologist said these are for people who are deaf. So yes I consider myself deaf blind I’m proud of it and I also use tactile sign language. And when I got a prove through I can connect. I sent an email saying that I already have an iPad, and iPhone, and a Apple MacBook Air. And I told him I cannot see print and cannot hear my voice over. So I qualified for a focus 14 blue braille display. And I can link that up to my iPhone or iPad. But I mostly link it up to my iPhone. Because I don’t want to carry around a big iPad. And I  Also received a updated Borrell note touch plus. And did not have to pay for either of them. The guy name Bapin came to Tampa and trained me on both at different times. And I am so happy and thankful for my sister and my audiologistFor filling out the application for iCan connect.

I will definitely keep you in prayers that you will receive the technology to help you awesome.

Sending lots of love always
Ineko & Frisco

Sent  from my braille note touch +