[NFB-DB] Why decks moments hearing aids question

Leisa Gary thisnorthamericanlife at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:06:08 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I have why decks moment hearing aids and use the app on my iPhone. Everything has been OK until the latest software app update. I now cannot properly control the volume levels of my streaming speech to my hearing aids. The app seems to be quite inaccessible and when I try to use voiceover and swipe my finger it changes levels without me knowing it. I am really stuck about what to do and I doubt my audiologist will know what to do either. I used to be able to change the volume of the audio into my hearing aids with the buttons of my phone, now it changes it back-and-forth and goes back to a really high volume automatically and I constantly have to change the volume up and down with the buttons on my phone. It does not stay at one level. It also screams the name of my preset into my ears at random times and switches things. I just don't understand enough about what it's doing in order to even try to fix it. Any ideas?

I do not use live listen, just receive phone calls and listen to the audio of my phone in my hearing aids, mostly this would be whatever voiceover is saying.
Thank you,

Leisa Sekhon