[NFB-DB] Hearing aids

Penny Leclair penny.leclair at rogers.com
Sat Oct 30 17:50:02 UTC 2021

Hi Jamelle

Because of technology hearing aids keep improving. They can not help once hearing declines to a given point. Even apple products have ear phones that are very good to hear. I personally have cochlear implants, after having used hearing aids for 26 years. The surgery is a little unnerving but I found it was not a problem. The thought of it was my problem. I am glad I decided to have the surgery. One of the great benefits of the implants is that once you learn how to use them and hearing improves you never experience hearing loss again. I found that every few years with using hearing aids I would go have the hearing test, and more bad news. New aids more money and finally I took the plunge!
The unknown is always difficult to make decisions.
We have come a long way with hearing devices and we have a lot of professionals to help. Most, if not all hearing aid producers will allow you to try their devices and return them if you find they are not an improvement. I wish you luck and good fortune in your search for the best hearing available for you.

Penny
Canada Ontario

Sent from Mail for Windows