[NFB-DB] Suggestions for work phone and PC?

Stuart Salvador stuartsalvador at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 07:33:49 UTC 2021

Hi Leisa,

I'm not an authority on this subject, but I'm concerned that no one
else seems to have responded to you since Sunday and I hate to see any
fellow DB in distress so I've tried to look into this!

I have tried to research the Avaya 1616-I model and manual
documentation as well as the technical support on their website all
day today. The sales team I called was totally clueless. Everything I
look at indicates that the only support for this model is for using an
acoustic coupler TDD. Well, they technically say "TTD" everywhere on
their technical support and in their manual, which just goes to show
the writers have no clue what this is even is as there is no such
thing as a "TTD."  Avaya goes on to describe a "TTD" in their manual
as a "hearing aid," which of course is not what is generally referred
to as a "hearing aid."

So, since it appears there is no direct hearing aid support for this
device, I suggest you have IT or whoever has your company login
credentials try as a last ditch effort to get tech support at this
portal from Avaya. I would be sure to tell them to mention a copious
number of times to Avaya how much they play up their support for the
"deaf" with their PR advertisements and articles about their "success"
in developing "world first" technology for the deaf and hard of
hearing for the United Nations as found here for example:
https://www.avaya.com/en/about-avaya/newsroom/pr-us-200616/

The portal that only your IT or company representative can access for
tech support is located here:
https://support.avaya.com/contact/

If there are any solutions that tie-in with "world first" Avaya
products, it would be their technical support that would be able to
help with that. Otherwise, using an acoustic coupler TDD is probably
not what you're looking for if I've understood correctly.

I sincerely hope this helps get you on the right track! If not, please
come back to this list and pester us more and I'll start poking around
for you on some other DB list-servs like with AADB or my local GPDB
contacts if you don't provoke some assistance.

Best Wishes,
Stuart