[NFB-DB] Best guide dog school for deafblind

Gretchen Brown gretch99brown at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:56:36 UTC 2022

Leader dogs for the blind has a deaf blind program and they can teach the
dogs to respond to hand signals instead of vocal commands.  They can also
teach the dog some tasks that signal dogs use, such as letting you know
when someone is at the door and things of that nature.  They also have
smaller class sizes for the deaf blind program so you can get
individualized instruction. I believe that guiding eyes has a specialized
training and so does some of the other schools but as far as I know leader
dogs is the only one that has specifically  deafblind program