[NFB-DB] Fwd: Now Hiring - Please Share

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:15:20 UTC 2022

There is not a different agency that serves those that are hard of hearing DeafBlind. I don’t know if my responses to the list are getting through. But I live in Pennsylvania and if I had been in charge of this program, like previous to 2019, Scott I would hope that you would have wanted to live in Pennsylvania.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.

> On Mar 15, 2022, at 2:05 PM, Scott Davert via NFB-DB <nfb-db at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Traci.
> That's a great question. From the description, with no references at
> all to any part of the hard of hearing population, it would seem they
> are either discounting it all together and discriminating, or that
> maybe PA has another agency supporting the HOH population? If they are
> supposed to be serving both the deaf and hard of hearing populations,
> well, that will be state number 2 that I will never live in for this
> reason.
>
> Scott
>
>> On 3/15/22, Tracie Inman via NFB-DB <nfb-db at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Hello:
>> I'm just curious, but if they are singling out only those who are Deaf
>> culture/ASL speakers for the job opportunity isn't that a violation of
>> Equal Employment Opportunities and therefore considered to be
>> discriminatory practices? Your thoughts?
>>
>> - Tracie
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 9:51 AM Marsha Drenth via NFB-DB
>> <nfb-db at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Since I live in the state for which this job opportunity is advertising
>>> and since I can neither recieve services since there are no ssp
>>> available.
>>> And since I no longer have anything to do with this program. I will say
>>> your views are correct Scott. This program does not want anyone who is
>>> hard
>>> of hearing deafblind to run this program. And nor do they provide
>>> services
>>> to those who are hard of hearing deafblind. Its just really really to
>>> bad.
>>>
>>> Marsha drenth
>>> Sent with my IPhone
>>> Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone.
>>> As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate
>>> errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.
>>>
>>> On Mar 14, 2022, at 6:56 PM, Scott Davert via NFB-DB <nfb-db at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Passing along. I noticed there is no mention of the requirement forhard
>>> of hearing culture and that ASL fluency is required. I guess they only
>>> want
>>> a someone who is DEAF STRONG for this. Maybe my impression is off? I'm
>>> passing this along as FYI...
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> *From:* Richard <prmcgann at comcast.net>
>>> *Date:* March 14, 2022 at 10:47:04 EDT
>>> *To:* NADBAmericans at groups.io, aadb-l at googlegroups.com, "Professionals
>>> Serving DeafBlind Consumers (PSDBC)" <psdbc at googlegroups.com>
>>> *Subject:* *[AADB-L] Fwd: Now Hiring - Please Share*
>>> *Reply-To:* aadb-l at googlegroups.com
>>>

>>> to all,
>>>

>>> passing around.

>>> 1. Identify yourself at beginning of message.