[NFB-DB] Traveling in Noisy Environments

Misty Kienzynski mkienzyn at alumni.iu.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:16:21 UTC 2022

Greetings.

As a person who is visually impaired and new to hearing loss which, for me, is currently mild but still significant, I am wondering how we can travel in noisy environments, specifically outdoors,with limited hearing independently.  I have found that, now, I can trust my hearing a lot less even than I used to be able to in these environments, as my ability to hear worsens the louder the environment is.

So, what techniques/technologies do you use to travel in these kinds of environments?

Thanks.

—
Misty Kienzynski
Bloomfield, IN