[NFB-DB] new member

kendrick.deborah at gmail.com kendrick.deborah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 17:15:52 UTC 2023

Hello,

Not sure if I have introduced myself on this list previously, but I am weighing in now because I wanted to say hello to Robin Diane Graves whose dual sensory loss comes from the same place as my own. Being blind from retinoblastoma never seemed like a huge deal to me, but losing my hearing from the radiation therapy for the retinoblastoma has been a long and challenging road.

I wrote a book during the pandemic, WHEN YOUR EARS CAN’T HELP YOU SEE, published by National Braille Press, designed to help newcomers to dual sensory loss with strategies. That said, all of you are helping me with every word I read in these messages.

Thank you! Oh, and where I live is sometimes Florida, sometimes Ohio. Florida now till June 7, then back and forth between Ohio and Florida till December.

Keep those words of wisdom coming!

Peace,

Deborah