[NFB-DB] Suggestion for Possible Division Activity

Justin Heard braillemasterjustin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 13:11:42 UTC 2023

Absolutely. This is why I I signed up For the email list. Here are some topics I think would be great.
1. Hearing aids with accessible apps.
2. Traveling as a death line person. This could include hotels as has already been mentioned, but it can be a broad category with topics for different travel scenarios.
3. Advocating for reasonable accommodations in school and in the workplace.
4. Hiring interpreters, what you should know.
5. Independence training programs for the deafblind. Hopefully, this would include a program that uses the structure discovery approach, though in a different way from our NFP training centers. Since we have different needs.
6. Philosophy discussions. Let’s talk about how the NFB philosophy works for our disabilities. What are ways in which it applies differently that may surprise some? What are the ways that it’s the exact same?
7. Presentations from deafblind individuals who are living the lives they want.
We could give a presentation from one of those categories every month and we would never run out. And I’m sure I missed some good ones.

Sent from my iPhone