[NFB-DB] OT personal update

doula.jarboe at gmail.com doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:38:38 UTC 2024

Hi Everyone,

     I don't know what folks do or don't know about what's going on with me.
I've been very sick and in the hospital for the past eleven days.  I just
got home a couple of hours ago.  I'm aware of the discussion on making
meetings accessible although I'm not current on what all has been said.  I
have a wireless mic that hooks into the Bluetooth of my hearing aids.
Sometimes that's helpful in meetings, sometimes it is not.  Seems to me that
back in the days of the teletouch that was more accessible than anything
these days.  I've wondered if you couldn't set up a computer attached affa
Braille display or multiple Braille displays, and then have someone typing
what is being said.  Not sure if it would work or how realistic the idea is,
but it would get rid of the issues of having to be able to hear what is
being said.  Thanks Jessie for taking over my duties temporarily.  Hopefully
soon I will be back to what is more normal for me.  Thanks everyone for
listening.  If you'd like to know more of what happened, please feel free to
ask, we are family and I'm not all that private.

Warmly,

Doula