[Nfb-dc] Learn to Independently Manage Diabetes without Vision - Seminar on Dec. 7 in Arlington

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 03:11:16 UTC 2013

Please spread the attached flier and invitation far and wide!

---

YES YOU CAN!
Learn to Independently Manage Diabetes without Vision

Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Arlington Central Library (1015 N. Quincy Street; Arlington, VA)

When you are blind or have low vision, it can be hard to learn testing procedures, glucometers, pumps, and diet from medical practitioners. We are here to help.

During this seminar and lunch, you will learn from the experts about how diabetes affects our eyes. You’ll discover that:

* Yes, you can independently test your blood sugar.

* Yes, you can accurately and safely administer your insulin.

* Yes, you can receive support from other blind diabetics.

* Yes, you can live safely, alone, and productively.

Reserve your seat today.

The small registration fee of $10 also includes lunch.

Call our ticketing partner, Brown Paper Tickets, at (800) 838-3006, and say that you’re attending the “NFB Diabetes Seminar.”

Questions? Call John Halverson at (703) 867-6400.