[Nfb-dc] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Announcing Blind Math Gems

NFB-DC Affiliate capitol.matters at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 13:37:21 UTC 2013

Now Available on Blindscience.org: Blindmath Gems
For almost ten years, the NFB has maintained the
Blindmath listserv, a lively exchange of
worldwide postings on all topics mathematical.
The Blindmath archives are now
ginormous.  Finding anything of substance in them
can be a daunting task except for the most
database-savvy users.  Therefore, in cooperation
with the NFB Jernigan Institute, I have spent the
last three years combing through the Blindmath
archives looking for and compiling the most
interesting and relevant postings.  We have put
this compilation on the NFB’s Blindscience.org
Website.  Postings have been placed in different
categories that simplify user searches
.  Currently, I have finished searching the
archives through 2011.  What has happened too
often before is that rather than searching the
archives first, people in need of math-related
information have simply posted their questions on
Blindmath.  This has resulted in repetitive
queries with sometimes tired, old answers.  Now,
before posting your question, please go to
<http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home.
If you don’t find what you are looking for here,
feel free to post your question to
Blindmath.  It’s possible that your question has
already been answered, and I simply failed to
select your query.  Let me apologize here in
advance for any failure or shortcoming on my part
in my selection of postings.  If you have
comments or questions about Blindmath Gems,
please contact me at
<mailto:blmathgems at earthlink.net>blmathgems at earthlink.net.
This is a special e-mail address I have created
for Blindmath questions.  For all other
communications with me, please use
<mailto:apmaneki at earthlink.net>apmaneki at earthlink.net.
– Al Maneki