[Nfb-dc] Interest in student Division?

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 16:31:34 UTC 2013

Hello all, after attending the NFB of DC’s convention this past
weekend, I learned that there was interest in starting a student
division here in DC.

There are many resources and schools within the DC area, and as a
blind student, whether one is about to graduate from high school,
attend a vocational or blindness training program, or completing post
graduate education, it is great to know that there is a supportive and
resourceful local, peer network that can assist with those concerns
that we all have as students.

If this is a project which you are interested in, have already started
working on, or know of individuals who would benefit from it, let’s
get together and see how we can make this happen.

You can reach me at AlexanderA.Castillo at gmail.com and please feel free
to pass this email around.

A bit about me: I am in the application process for a Master’s degree
in industrial organizational psychology, and my BA is in Political
Science and Psychology. I’m originally from New York City, and most
recently lived in Lincoln NE where I worked as an orientation
counselor for the state commission for the blind.

Thank you for reading, and I’m looking forward to your responses,
Alex Castillo