[Nfb-denver] Jessica's Run

Kevan Worley kevanworley at worleyenterprises.com
Wed Jul 5 02:12:28 UTC 2017

Friends,
I’m not sure I have the words to adequately express the extraordinary pride I have for my colleague, dear friend, and teammate, Jessica Beecham. She is undertaking a rare thing of unwavering heart and amazing spirit and personal commitment. Her heart of service is bold. Her personal quest to break down barriers for real people and crash through barriers for herself is truly special to observe. Her personal sacrifices to take on new, extreme adventures always setting new goals for herself inspires me. Every day she proves, through her rigorous training schedule and commitment to all the causes she champions, that you can be selfless and pursue all of the goals you set for yourself. She is all about the team. This weekend she is ratcheting up her training for the Pikes Peak 50-mile race and launching her WE Fit 50 fundraising campaign. I warmly invite you to join Jessica. You can support the run and the cause for which she cares deeply. Head to that Go Fund Me page here<https://www.gofundme.com/we-fit-50>. Below you can find more detail about this opportunity to share.
The entire WE Fit Wellness team would like to thank our sponsors for the WE Fit 50 fundraiser.
Title Sponsor:
National Federation of the Blind (NFB)<https://nfb.org/>
Ultra Sponsors:
Yorkshire Veterinary Hospital<http://www.yorkshirevetclinic.com/>
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado (NFBCO)<http://www.nfbco.org/>
Team Jess Sponsors:
LaBarre Law Offices<http://www.labarrelaw.com/>
Colorado Center for the Blind (CCB)<http://cocenter.org/>
As many of you know, our Executive Director, Jessica Beecham is a blind ultra-runner who enjoys high adventure! On July 29th, she will be running the Pikes Peak Ultra 50 (PPU50), her first 50-mile race!  She will be running alongside Achilles Pikes Peak guides Tim Gore and Denise Flory to raise funds for WE Fit Wellness<http://wefitwellness.com/>, an emerging Not for Profit organization that helps people with disabilities make outstanding strides in the areas of health and wellness.
Recently named one of the top five most difficult races in the country, PPU50 has required a tremendous amount of training and dedication. It is not only 50 miles long, but also includes over 11,000 of elevation gain and loss (think of going up and down Pikes Peak 1.5 times). Jessica is attempting an equally rigorous fundraising goal of $15,000. As the Executive Director of WE Fit Wellness, she is passionate about the organization’s mission to bring accessible, affordable, and achievable exercise and nutrition solutions to people with disabilities. This fundraiser will help us achieve funding to continue vital programs for which we currently receive little or no compensation including:
Health and Wellness Related Research
We are currently conducting a study regarding barriers to nutrition, exercise, and medical equipment/services for individuals who are blind.
NF-BE Healthy Fair
WE Fit Wellness partners with the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Sports and Recreation Division<http://nfbsportsandrec.org/> to provide an experiential health fair at the NFB National Convention in Orlando Florida where 3,000 blind people have the opportunity to try activities such as chair fitness, boot camp, TRX and body weight exercises, cardio drumming, yoga, traditional Japanese sword fighting, just to name a few. Participants also receive health and wellness information and consultation.
Find Your Fit Podcast and BreakingBlind YouTube Channel
Find Your Fit<http://wefitwellness.com/category/find-your-fit/> and BreakingBlind<https://www.youtube.com/user/BreakingBlind> allow us to provide support and inspiration to individuals with disabilities as they pursue their personal health and wellness journey. Each of these programs not only allows us to provide valuable content, but also allow us to employ two, part time workers with disabilities.
Internship opportunities
WE Fit Wellness is committed to providing internship opportunities for individuals with disabilities. While our internship opportunities are unpaid, we do offer room and board as part of our internship program. We kicked off our internship program in the Spring and were able to extend a full-time summer work experience to our intern, Amber Sherrard, following graduation.
Colorado Workshops (Cardio Drumming, Sports and Rec Experience Day, Olympic Day, Team Building, Self Defense, Yoga)WE Fit Wellness supports organizations such as the Colorado Center for the Blind, Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado, and Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation in providing workshops and experiential activities for Coloradans with disabilities at little or no cost.
Thank you for supporting WE Fit Wellness and helping me give others the same opportunity to grow through their own health and wellness adventure.
Please consider donating to our fundraiser through our Go Fund Me page here<https://www.gofundme.com/we-fit-50>.
Thank you for your continued support of our programs, as we change the face of health and wellness for people with disabilities.
Yours in health,
The WE Fit Wellness Team

At Your Service,

[cid:image001.png at 01CDBC37.7997B120]