[Nfb-editors] January newsletter

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 28 02:35:08 UTC 2010

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of NH NEWSLETTER for January
2011

We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low
vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd Saturday of
the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on Parade Road (Rt 106), a
little north of Elm St., Laconia.

Last month we reviewed our successful candy sale to benefit the state
organization and our outreach to the general public as part of Meet The
Blind Month. We also made final plans for the Christmas Pops concert and
dinner on December 13. As usual we ended with our pot-luck luncheon. In
December we did attend the concert, followed by dinner in the back room of
The Mug restaurant.

Our next Lakes Region chapter meeting will be on the 3rd Saturday of
January, the 15th, at the usual time and place. Our speaker will be Deb
Braley, Client Care Coordinator, Comfort Keepers. We met her at the Senior
Health Fair at the Belknap Mall last autumn, and she will explain what her
organization does. As usual we will end with our pot-luck lunch. First time
attendees and guests are not required to bring anything.

Please try to arrive by 10:30 for networking and socialization before our
meeting starts at 11.

We have received our candy order from the manufacturer, and please let Deb
Moore know if you want any to be brought to the meeting. (Her phone is
960-0162.) We haveAlmond, Carmel, and Crisp bars singly or in combination,
as well as boxes of Mint Meltaways, Carmeol Worls, and chocolate covered
almonds.Deb will be running meetings while I am in the hospital. Ed Meskys

Note that this year Blind Bowlers will be several weeks earlier than normal
(see calendar below).

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We
are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques,
resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their
permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send
announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email. The
cassette version is temporarily suspended as my high speed tape duplicator
is out of order. Please request your preferred format.
edmeskys at roadrunner.com [note that this is new!], 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation please call Ed Meskys several days
before the meeting and we will see what we can do to help.

CALENDAR

Fri Jan 7, Blind Tech Users' meeting, NH Association for Blind, Concord

Sat Jan 15, 10:30 AM, LR Chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Church, Parade Rd,
Laconia

Sat Jan 22, 1-3:30 PM, NH Dog Guide Users meeting, Red Blazer Restaurant,
Concord, Dutch treat.

Sun Jan 30-Thu Feb 3, NFB Washington Seminar, Washington DC.

Tues, Feb 1, 1-3 PM, Sight Services for Independent Living, Laconia Senior
Center

Wed, Jan 2, all day, farm near Concord, Lions Day on the Snow with banquet
and door prizes; call Joan Cirnigliaro, 668-8863 for details

Fri, Feb 4, 9-noon, Tech users, NH Association for the Blind

Sat, Feb 19, LR Chapter, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

Fri Mar 4, Tech Users

Sat Mar 19, LR Chapter

Fri, Apr 1, Tech Users

Fri-Su, Apr 1-3, Lions Vision 2011 ("Blind Bowlers", contact Joan
Cirnigliaro for registration form. NOTE THIS IS SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER THAN
NORMAL!

Sat Apr 9, NH Dog Guide Users, Red Blazer restaurant, 1-3:30, Dutch treat

14-16  Th-Sa, joint NFB NH & VT convention, Concord

Sat Jun 4, NHAB Blindness Awareness Walk

Sat-Thu, Jul 3-8, NFB National Convention, Orlando FL