[Nfb-editors] Thanking Norma

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Feb 18 14:13:27 UTC 2011

Miss Norma

RE: Thanking you for being there and for what you did to keep us together
and moving

Giving credit and thanks to a leader who is stepping down, is something I
usually do, without having to be reminded. And no, I've not been written
off-list and hit up for my manners. But several people posting in response
to my enthusiastic "I'm the new...." did mention and thanked our friend who
for some time did work in our behalf, Norma. Stepping up to take the lead is
a big responsibility and not just anyone is willing to do it. Leading is a,
for the leader can be a real exciting time, a chance to further a purpose,
get something done that will improve a common goal, so that others will
benefit. So thank you very much for having taking your time at lead in this
committee. We all recognize the importance of what our writings can serve in
our movement to change what it means to be blind. Leading or being lead, we
are here together and we together are moving and what we write or cause to
be written, and what we get into the hands and minds of our readers is
making a difference.

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website

http://www.nfb-writers-division.org

Chairperson, Newsletter Publication Committee, NFB Personal Website-
http://www.thoughtprovoker.info