[Nfb-editors] Explain the Look of "The Chicago Manual of Style"

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Feb 25 11:17:34 UTC 2011

For all of our education:

RE: "The Chicago Manual of Style"

In 50 words or less (meaning, a short, clear definition), can someone give
us the main pointers on the look of a newsletter which is formatted by the
rules of "the Chicago Manual of Style?" Please and Thank You. I understand
that the "The Braille Monitor" and the Ohio "Buckeye Bulletin" follows this
format.

Yes, I can look at the text of the Monitor, but explain to me what I am
seeing --- what are the main style points which make it unique. If possible,
contrast it with another  common style; expand upon what we need to know.
This list can be one of the Federation's key tools for making one of our
longtime and still valid communication mediums stronger and even more of a
viable force to our effort to change what it means to be blind.

Think on this --- we all know the strength of the written word and the value
of NFB literature. And picture this --- if each state has a newsletter, if
all NFB editors of a newsletter were on this list, and if we consciously and
purposefully worked our network of newsletters --- then, you tell me what we
could do with that power?

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website

 <http://www.nfb-writers-division.org> http://www.nfb-writers-division.org

Chairperson, Newsletter Publication Committee

Personal Website-

 <http://www.thoughtprovoker.info> http://www.thoughtprovoker.info