[Nfb-editors] guidelines for borrowing a submission from another's publication

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Feb 27 04:31:32 UTC 2011

Question: Now that we are getting the opportunity to view other affiliates
newsletters, one positive outcome will be the sharing of, the re-publication
of material. What do you believe is the polite, the right way to do this? If
this transaction has been discussed in the past, good. I believe we need to
revisit this topic and once we establish what is acceptable, then that
guideline needs to be spread wide, and posted where people can find and read
it.

So please, some of you "long-timers'," what guidelines exist? And I speak
not only of the actions between newsletters at the affiliate level, but we
need to be aware of the expectations of what is allowed in respects to our
publications at the national level, too.

Again, I am respectfully asking that we see what we've got and determine if
they meet the current situation. (We are moving ahead, we will develop a
strong network.)

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division