[Nfb-editors] Orlando meeting communicating our message - a "how to do"

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 14:02:28 UTC 2011

(I have sent this request to the members of the Newsletter Publication
committee, as well as the Editors mailing list )

RE: Let us maximize the output of our Orlando meeting!

I am going to record the Tuesday July 5th 2 hour meeting of the Newsletter
Publication committee meeting. And what I am asking is --- I request that
those in attendance work together to make the meetings output of information
be super on target in regard to the answering of the agenda's 2 areas of
questions, the first being ---The value of a newsletter and how to create
and maintain a successful publication. Second question area ---

The value and importance of a Website and the use of the new social
networks. (Newsletters and our web presents are 2 huge methods of
transmitting our message!) Each respective panel will present the major
points and the rest of the "experts in the room" will fill in any additional
information needed to make the topic area fully answered.

Let us make this recording be a clear "how-to-do" guide to the use of a
newsletter and the Internet to do our business, "Change what it means to be
blind."

Below is the text of a message that I recently sent out to all state
affiliate presidents:

>From the Newsletter Publication committee --- A convention Notice:

Want to learn about the value of a newsletter-like publication?

Want to learn how to create and maintain a viable newsletter? You bring the
commitment, we'll provide the knowhow.

Secondly, want to learn the value of having an up to date website. And what
about Face Book, Twitter and dither?

>From the convention agenda, here is the time and place:

6:00 - 8:00 pm-NEWSLETTER PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE

Suwannee 18, Level 2

Newsletters rule!  But---what about e-mail lists, Web sites, social media,
and the future of communication? Robert Leslie Newman, Chairman

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website