[Nfb-editors] The Recording of the Newsletter Publication Committee meeting and agenda

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Jun 26 12:57:51 UTC 2011

Attention You-All:
RE: 2 things- About the recording of the meeting and a copy of the agenda

#1 Yes, the Tuesday evening meeting of the Newsletter Publication Committee
will be recorded. This is why:

 I personally will be recording the meeting. (Once we start the meeting, I
will set it all up with those in the room; the recorder and the audience.

Then --- after convention I will do a couple of things with the recording:
First, make it available for listening to and download (probably from either
my personal website where I have an NFB section. Or, from the Writers'
Division site.)

Secondly, if felt necessary and useful by others, we may have the content
written up and massaged a little for structure and clarity, and make that
written document available for use. (Downloadable from the same source which
is used for the audio download.)

This will be fun. I'm planning on making it useful; with all of your help.
Plan to be there and help us do it! (Pool our knowledge on --- why a
newsletter, how to create and maintain one. And secondly, the committee's
obligation to pay attention to the use of our websites --- their creation,
use and maintenance. And finally, why use social networking --- making an
effort to be sure the Federation is being smart on our "overall" approach to
communicating our message to the world.

#2 Agenda:

Newsletter Publication Committee
2011 Convention Agenda

I. Introductions- who is in the room

II. Chairman's Report: Robert Leslie Newman; setting up the recording of the
meeting

III. Keynote speech- Gary Wunder

IV. Panel: The Importance of a Newsletter: its Creation and Care:
Panelist- Bill Packee, Alaska --- Tom Scanlan, Minnesota

V. Panel on all other modes of communication- Websites, Social Networks,
etc.
Panelist: Adam Rushforth, Utah --- Chris Danielsen, NFB National Center

Robert Leslie Newman
President, Omaha Chapter NFB
President, NFB Writers' Division
Division Website