[Nfb-editors] Finished a quick survey of newsletters

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Mar 4 21:40:15 UTC 2011

Here is a short summery of a survey I have been working on. I wrote each
affiliate president and also visited each affiliate's page, from nfb.org.
granted, I have not heard back from all states, which may change some of my
findings, but here is a summery of how our 52 affiliates are communicating:

18 out of 52 affiliates have a newsletter.

17 affiliates who do not only not have a newsletter, but they do not have a
presents on the Internet, as in do not have an affiliate Website.

Some affiliates are using their websites as a place to post dates of events
and short accounts of state and national happenings. Methods for
accomplishing these "postings" are:

#1 A list on the main page, or a link to a separate page, but a series of
short accounts of events to come or summaries of events that have happened.

#2 An interactive bulletin board type of arrangement, where events are
listed, and respondents can add to what is being reported.

#3 A listing of recent Tweets (both of the affiliate and/or of those
sponsored by the national NFB Twitter account.

#4 A reference and link to an affiliate Facebook page.

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website