[Nfb-editors] Reaching this generation through social networks

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Sun May 1 21:58:14 UTC 2011

Your remarks remind me of the position many churches were in some years ago;
they didn't want to repackage their message because they were afraid that
accuracy would have to be sacrificed.

It is true that many organizations are confronting the same problem, and
that there are no easy answers.

If your assertions are true, though, what solutions do you propose? Do you
believe anything can be done, or have we lost this generation forever?

One idea would be to think back to the popularity of the Harry Potter books.
If we could use symbols of popular culture, that might be a start. I know
that veterans might have trouble with it, but I think it's worth thinking
about. We could use that and find ways of tying it into our philosophy.

This discussion may be good for the Student list, so I may carry it on
there, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Thanks.