[Nfb-editors] Nfb-editors Digest, Vol 78, Issue 5

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 04:31:05 UTC 2011

Here is one suggestion for Facebook pages.

Robert, this is part of my PR kit for the chapter so you will find out
about this part early!  *smile*

Make sure the branding is consistent on your Facebook page.  It would be
nice for all Federation groups-- affiliates, chapters, divisions,
committees, etc.-- to have a uniformity, but this is a discussion for
another day.

By branding, I mean have your logo, any color scheme you use on official
material, how you present your chapter name (which, if up to me, I would
recommend all chapters/divisions use the following:  National Federation
of the Blind-NAME OF CHAPTER, and then NFB-NAME when abbreviating).

Use Wall post as much as possible.  Place news releases you may write
about events and activities, update all information in timely fashions,
provide info and links about interesting facts and news, etc.

Create event invitations and reminders that would be sent to anyone
registered with your page (this is called "friending").

Try to keep current pictures up so that there is a visual element.

Use the Discussion feature to provide a philosophical dialogue with
questions and/or thought provokers.

Post status updates daily, or at least weekly.  Could be interesting
facts, news, info-- try to keep it somewhat light and entertaining, but
informative and interesting.  You don't want to turn people away.

These are some ways you can use Facebook to generate more attention.
You may initially need to seek out "Friends" on Facebook and request
them as a Friend to your page, but the more interesting you make the
page, and consistently update and maintain the page, people will begin
to seek you as a Friend.

By the way, a group FB page is different than an individuals FB page.

Bridgit

Message: 4