[Nfb-editors] public law 104-197, the Copyright Amendment of 1996

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun May 29 16:39:13 UTC 2011

In our newsletters, how important, necessary or whatever --- is to quote the
following notice:

Articles reproduced in this newsletter comply with public law 104-197, the
Copyright Amendment of 1996. This law allows authorized entities to
reproduce previously published, non-dramatic literary works in specialized
formats, for exclusive use by blind or disabled people.

Most of our newsletters that I have seen do not. And should we?

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website