[Nfb-editors] Why S & S shouldn't be distributed outside the membership

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:03:58 UTC 2011

Dave and Mike,

Well yes, but if you're not a subscriber to Slate & Style, you're
suppose to pay for a copy- not my rules, the rules established by the
division. I post it here so fellow editors, and Federationist, can
peruse it if they wish even though there's the potential for non-members
to access it, but it's not as likely. When I Google S & S, it comes up
on the division's website, but that's it. Past issues are also available
on the division's website. Funny, back in September I posted the summer
issue here and made the same comment, but no one had questions or
objections then, smile.

Because Slate & Style is not blind-centric, we tend to get more readers
outside the Federation, and blind community in general, and it was
decided, long before I was appointed as editor, that S & S should not be
available to non-due paying members, or non-Federationist, unless they
pay for a copy, which at this point is only like $3.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan