[Nfb-editors] Seeking assistant editor

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:33:13 UTC 2012

Fellow editors:

I edit Slate & Style, the Writers' division magazine. We have been
seeking an assistant editor for a while now but have yet to find
someone. If you know of anyone interested, please encourage them to
contact me at bpollpeter at hotmail.com.

They must have strong editing and writing skills. Slate & Style is
primarily a literary magazine, so experience with creative writing is
preferred but not necessary.

S & S is published quarterly. The assistant editor will work with the
editor to select and edit material for the magazine. They will also
assist with design and concept in-put along with distribution.

S & S focuses on literary writing, but it has broadened its horizons and
now seeks submissions addressing all forms of writing including but not
limited too journalism, public relations, academic, web, technical and
literary. Issues of S & S publish short stories, poetry, memoir/personal
essays along with articles discussing various topics and forms of
writing.

Anyone interested or wanting more information should contact me. I will
give any interested parties a piece to edit in order to judge their
editing skills

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis