[Nfb-editors] question on how to handle quoted material in an interview

Dana Ard danalynard at q.com
Sun Jan 29 23:29:50 UTC 2012

I am Dana Ard from Idaho. I am our newsletter editor, and probably know some
of you on this list. My question is this. I recently interviewed an
individual for an artical on retirement. I have several long comments that
this person made, but I don't have exact word for word quotes. I am close,
since I took down her comments on my pac mate, but I wouldn't say the words
are exact. Is there any way to handle this without saying "she said that...
or some other verbage indicating that this is paraphrased. I'd like to be
able to treat some of the comments like quotes, but if they are not exact
quotes I probably can't do this. Any suggestions? Thank you.