[Nfb-editors] newsletter

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 15 02:12:57 UTC 2012

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of

NH NEWSLETTER for November, 2012

    We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd (occassionally fourth) Saturday of the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church 2238 Parade Road (Rt. 106), a little north of Elm St., Laconia. Our next meeting will be the third Saturday of November, the 17th.

At our October meeting we heard from a representative from the NH Association of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, who demonstrated various kinds of telecommunications devices. We ended with our usual pot luck luncheon.

This month Tony Bonanno will talk about his experiences learning how to travel better with a long white cane at Leader Dog in Michigan. We will plan our Christmas concert and party for December 5, and our annual holiday giving to local food pantries. If time permits, we might discuss the latest installment of "Ask Miss Whozit" in the current BRAILLE MONITOR. Of course, we will end with our usual pot luck luncheon. As always, guests and first-time attendees are not expected to bring any food or drink.

We continue to need suggestions for possible future speakers or discussion topics.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques, resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email. Please request your preferred format. edmeskys at roadrunner.com, 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation to NFB meetings ONLY, please call Ed Meskys several days before the meeting and we will see what we can do to help.

CALENDAR

NOTE: I try to list all blind related events I become aware of. Please send news of other events to add to the list .

Sat, Nov 17, 10:30 AM, Lakes Region chapter, NFB of NH, meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Parade Rd (State 106), just north of Elm St.

Sat, Dec 8, 1 PM, Guide Dog Users of NH Christmas party, Dutch treat lunch, Red Blazer Restaurant, Concord.

Sun, Dec 9, 3 PM, LR chapter attends Holiday Pops Concert, Interlakes HS, Meredith, followed by Dutch treat party at Mug Restaurant, Rt. 3, just north of Meredith

Sat, Jan 19, 10:30 AM, LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Church

Sun-Wed Feb 3-6, NFB Washington Seminar, Holiday Inn Capitol, DC

Tues, Feb 5, 1-3 PM, Sight Services for Independent Living meeting, Laconia Senior Center

Wed, Feb 6, 10 AM-3 PM, Lions Day on Ice, east of Concord.

Sat 16 Feb, 10:30 AM, LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd church