[Nfb-greeley] Fw: National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Travel Raffle

Cody Bair codyjbair at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 17:48:43 UTC 2012

--- On Wed, 8/15/12, Jessica Beecham <jbeecham at cocenter.org> wrote:

From: Jessica Beecham <jbeecham at cocenter.org>
Subject: National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Travel Raffle
To: jbeecham at cocenter.org
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 4:09 PM

August 15, 2012

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

As I write this, we are 71 days away from the Annual Banquet of the NFB of Colorado being held at the 58th Annual State Convention.  There, we will draw the name of one lucky winner of our 2012 Vacation Raffle.  What will this lucky person win?  He/she will win a $3500.00 gift certificate to a local travel agency to be used however the winner chooses, whether for a European vacation, cruise, or some other kind of vacation.  The certificate can be used multiple times and not spent all on one vacation.

Who is eligible to win?  Well, pretty much anyone, anywhere.  The winner does not need to be present to win which means we can sell these raffle tickets to anyone, anywhere.

How can someone get tickets?  Tickets can be purchased from any of our members who have them in hand, but they can also be purchased through our website, www.nfbco.org, by clicking the “vacation raffle” link on our home page.  Tickets can be purchased immediately by using a credit card and the receipt will be mailed to the purchaser.  Additionally, a person can fill out the form available online and send in a check.  The receipts will then be mailed upon receipt of the check.

How much are tickets?  A single ticket is $10.00 and $20.00 gets three tickets.  A person can certainly buy more than $10 and $20 worth of tickets.

How can you help?  Please, either, forward this email to all the contacts in your address book or create your own message to your contacts about the raffle and direct them to our website.  My suggestion is that you send out messages every week or two because people often don’t remember to get tickets with just one reminder.  If you have a facebook or similar page, post a message about our raffle there.  You can also sell tickets in person.  Please contact my assistant, Lisa Bonderson, at lbonderson at labarrelaw.com or 303 504-5979 to get physical tickets to sell.

How will the proceeds of the raffle be used?  Money from the raffle will support our NFB Colorado Scholarship Program and our BELL Camps.  Each year we give five scholarships to deserving blind and low vision post secondary students to help attend college or university.  Our BELL Camps, Braille Enrichment Through Learning and Literacy, puts literacy into the hands of blind children living in Colorado each summer through intense Braille lessons and other independent skills structured through a two week, academic camp.

Do you have any questions about this raffle or the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado?  Please feel free to contact me at slabarre at labarrelaw.com or 303 504-5979.  You may also visit our website at www.nfbco.org.

Thanks for supporting NFB Colorado!

Scott C. LaBarre, President
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

Jessica Beecham
Chapter and Community Development Coordinator
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
2233 West Shepperd Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120
jbeecham at nfbco.org
303-778-1130 extension 223