[Nfb-greeley] meeting minutes from 6-21-14

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Fri Jul 11 02:04:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Please find the minutes from la/ month's meeting below.

6-21-14

The meeting was called to order at 12:25 PM. People present were Marty, Melsssa, Cody, Linda, Diane, Janis, Bill and Rita. The minutes from last month were accepted as posted to the listserv. The Treasurer's report indicates that we currently have a balance of $703.67. This includes all but $100 that Cody just gave to Linda and the $40 that Jessica gave Melissa and Marty for the water bottles. This also does not include and payment of $4.55 from Paypal. We thought that the luncheon fundraiser was very successful. We had 11 paid dinners at $132 and we ended up with $75 in donations. After giving $20 to the library and paying $80 for the food, we made $227 total with the $100 donation check that Cody gave Linda today and Diane also gave her $20. We felt that we could find better pricing on the food for next time and that we begin planning and executing things for the event in February or March of 2015 so that we are not so rushed. We also need to get more community involvement next time. Regarding the vision fare, we are preliminarily hoping to have this near the end of August or the beginning of September. We talked about whether or not we wanted to pay the $400 or not to UNC. We discussed approaching Aims about helping with the price for a sponsorship. We discussed whether or not we wanted to pursue a sponsorship through UNC or if we wanted to check out Centennial Lilrary instead. We decided to talk with Centennial and keep UNC as a backup location. We then decided to look at Thursdays near the mid or  end of September. We have decided that We will try for either September 18th and 19th or the 25th and 26th. Melissa will check with the library about our potential dates. We discussed foregoing major presentations and making up a directory of where vendors are located and a blurb about each company. We also discussed getting advertising started as early as possible as soon as we have the date and location set up. We will also begin recruiting vendors as soon as our location is set. We decided to taylor the flyer to the locations in which we will place them. We discussed whether or not we wanted to have food, and we decided that we would not do this and that we would notify vendors to make arraargements for lunch. We also decided that we would tell vendors that they can offer door prizes and other drawings at their tables if they choose. We then discussed donating to the BELL Program. We decided that we will donate $65 to BELL. Linda will make out the check and send it to Lorinda. Regarding state events, the Mile High chapter will be having a chocolate tasting fundraiser in August and National convention is coming up. Our next meeting is scheduled for July 19th from 12:00-2:00 PM at the Greeley Senior Center. The meeting was then adjourned at 1:35 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Rahn, Secretary,
National Federation of The Blind of Colorado (Greeley Chapter)
#1 Trick to FIGHT carbs
Easy trick “tweaks” hormones to control blood sugar & boost fat loss
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53bf4618a7ba046174c79st04vuc