[Nfb-greeley] New April 25th Minutes

JJ Aragon mistyluna at fastmail.fm
Thu May 14 16:06:33 UTC 2015

With the correction that Melissa suggested. JJ

The Greeley Chapter
of the
NFB of Colorado
April 25th 2015
Lincoln Park Library

Call to order at 11:35.

Happy 15th anniversary, Greeley Chapter!!!

Last Meeting In March
Linda, Janice, Melissa, and Cody were present.

Treasurer's Report
We have $519.75 in our account as of March 31.

Social Event
We decided on bowling on June 27th at 2:00PM at Classic Lanes on 8th
Avenue.
The Blue route stops across the street from Classic Lanes. Or, you could
take the Orange to University Square and walk three blocks.
The bowling event will be after our regular meeting.

Fund Raising Luncheon
It will be on Saturday, August 22, at Centennial Park Library.
JJ will talk to a friend and an aunt about catering.
Razz will try to contact family members.
Melissa will contact Olive Garden.
JJ will send a reminder email to the list.
Cody will send out the flyer to the list.

National Convention
Deadline for getting your name in to Lisa for financial aid is Friday,
May 1.
Apply under any circumstance.

State Items
Fitness Seminar at CCB on May 9th. www_weefitwellness_com. $15 for
advance registration.
Arrow: 12th and A Street. Runs from Greeley to Denver twice a day.
The Guide Dogs Seminar will be hosted by the Colorado Association of
Guide Dog Users on June 20th from 9-4:30 at the Colorago Center for the
Blind. The seminar costs $10. Four guide dog schools will be
represented, and there will be several panels presenting.
Tom Anderson, Braille instructor,  is retiring from the Center. There is
a retirement party on May 15th from 5-8 PM at the CCB.
For all events at the Ccb, the Hampton Inn is available for $89 a night.

Elections
Diane, Cody, JJ, Melissa, Razz, Bill, Rita, and Linda all paid dues.
Cody got President.
Melissa got Vice President.
JJ got Secretary.
Linda got Treasurer.
Razz got Board 1.
Diane got Board 2.

Our next meeting will be on May 16 at 11:30 at Centennial Park Library
Adjourn at 12:41
'''Addicted to the written word'''