[Nfb-greeley] (no subject)

JJ Aragon mistyluna at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 18 19:16:41 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,
  Please find below the minutes for February's meeting. Hope you all have a great meeting tomorrow!
Best,
JJ

The Greeley Chapter of the NFB of Colorado
Meeting 2/20/16
Location: Centennial Park Library

Members In Attendance: Cody, Melissa, JJ, Dora, Rita, Janice, Bill

Call To Order at 12:00

January Minutes: Approved

Treasurer's Report: $376.91 with no activity since last month.

Fund Raising
Cody is working to solidify a date for Cafe Mexicalli.
JJ has contacted Annie, and is waiting to hear back.
King Sooper's Idea: you sell gift cards to customers, and a percentage of what they spend goes back to the chapter. Cody will check on this for March.
We still have the 50/50 tickets, so we could sell them at the luncheon. We will also sell them at State Convention.

Joint Event With Fort Collins-Loveland Chapter
JJ put the offer out to FCL, and she will pursue it at the next meeting.

Meeting Topics
We are very efficient at business, so that leaves us time for discussion.
Melissa: questions about technology and home management stuff.
Cody: Presidential report at the beginning, then role into the rest of the meeting. Lately, the reports are getting more into philosophy and blindness topics than announcements.
JJ: philosophy discussions with maybe a Kernel Book Article.
Melissa: community events.
Next month we have Rich Robito coming to talk about Non-24. We will also discuss "The Nature of Independence" by Kenneth Jernigan.
For April, we will discuss recreation opportunities in town.
  Cody will contact the rec center.
  Melissa will contact Jessica and Maureen.
  Dora will contact Claudine Warren about the tandem bike rides in Fort Collins.
  Bill will contact the Greeley Senior Center about activities they offer.
  We will also discuss "What Color Is The Sun".
One-touch Self Defense is going to be in Greeley in April. Melissa will get more information.
We'll leave May and June open for now, until we know more about the luncheon.
In July we will have a philosophy discussion, including reflection on National Convention, and possibly listening to a speech.

State Updates
COAGDU meeting on the 21st at 7pm. They're trying to plan a seminar on June 11. They are also working to help a dog owner in Denver who is being harassed by PEETA.
CABS is working on a seminar in March or April at the Center.

Adjourn at 1:12
 '''Addicted to the written word...