[Nfb-greeley] {Spam?} Re: Greeley Chapter Minutes for March 19, 16.

Dora Lopez dora.lopez89 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:02:58 UTC 2016

Certainly Diane,

Below are the minutes. Hope this helps!

Best,

Dora Lopez

The Greeley Chapter of the NFB of Colorado Meeting 3/19/16

Location: Centennial Park Library

2227 23rd Ave.

Greeley CO 80634

Members In Attendance: Cody, Melissa, Razz, Janice, Dora, Bill.

Speakers on non 24: Richard Robito, and Dr. Mat

Call To Order at: 2:05

Non 24 Sleep wake disorder presentation start time: 2:05 P.M. end time: 3:10 P.M.

February minutes: approved

Treasurer's Report: $376.91 with no activity since last month

Fund Raising

No update from café Mexicali

Lunch in is: June 4,16.  Location: centennial park library. Time: noon - 4 PM.

Cody will do the flyer for the lunch in by next month, and will send it to Razz  to modify it and make it visually appealing.

JJ contacted Annie, and she agreed to do meal preparations for lunch in.

Meal for the lunch in will be Lasagna.

No updates on king supers idea

We still have the 50/50 tickets, so we could sell them at the luncheon. We will also sell them at State Convention.

No progress on the joined event

Philosophy discussion: Kenneth Jernigan’s  “Nature of Independence”

Independence is the ability to have choices

April: Recreation month.

Next meeting: April 16,16.

  Cody will contact the rec center.

  Melissa will contact Jessica and Maureen.

  Dora will contact Claudine Warren about the tandem bike rides in Fort Collins.

  Bill will contact the Greeley Senior Center about activities they offer.

  We will also discuss "What Color Is The Sun".

One-touch Self Defense is going to be in Greeley in April. Melissa will get more information.

In July we will have a philosophy discussion, including reflection on National Convention, and possibly listening to a speech.

State Updates

COAGDU meeting on the 21st at 7pm. They're trying to plan a seminar on June 11. They are also working to help a dog owner in Denver who is being harassed by PEETA.

CABS student seminar on  April 2,16. At the Center from 10:00 A.M. - 4:00P.M.

Adjourn at 3:53 P.M.