[Nfb-greeley] Fw: Save the Date for the 2017 ADA Access Awards Luncheon (Oct 5, 2017)

Melissa R Green graduate56 at juno.com
Sun Aug 6 02:52:35 UTC 2017

Best,
Melissa R. Green And Pj

From: Laura Gabbay, Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:03 PM
To: graduate56 at juno.com
Subject: Save the Date for the 2017 ADA Access Awards Luncheon (Oct 5, 2017)

                             Hello Melissa,
                              You are invited to the following event:

                              2017 ADA Access Awards Luncheon

                                  Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:

                                Thursday, October 5, 2017 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (MDT)
                                Josef Korbel School of International Studies
                                2201 South Gaylord Street
                                Maglione Hall
                                Denver 80208

                                Attend Event

                                 Share this event:

                               (Photo above: Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman, 2017 ADA Access Awards Keynote Speaker)

                                Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (CCDC) invites you to attend and support our 2017 ADA Access Awards Luncheon, to be held on October 5 from 12:00-1:30 p.m. (doors open at 11:30) at Maglione Hall in the Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver.  At this event, we will recognize and honor community organizations and individuals who go above and beyond in their advocacy efforts for the disability community and who have done this work with equity in mind.  All proceeds of this event benefit the programs of CCDC all year-round.

                                Our thrilling keynote speaker this year is Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman.  Coffman’s legal career began more than 25 years ago in the Georgia Attorney General’s Office. As a courtroom attorney, she defended the state’s juvenile justice system and public health department. Later working as attorney for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta, she acted as the primary liaison with the victims and their families following the 1996 domestic terror attack in Centennial Olympic Park.  We are so appreciative of the Attorney General’s time and acceptance of our invitation to be our keynote speaker in 2017.

                                Along with the keynote address, CCDC will honor four Coloradans and one advocacy organization who have made major contributions to advancing social justice for people with all types of disabilities.

                                Sponsorships are still available and start at $500 each.  To learn more, email Director of Development Laura Gabbay at lgabbay at ccdconline.org or call 720-249-2208.

                                FAQs
                                What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?

                                PARKING AT THE SIE COMPLEX-KORBEL SCHOOL OF INTL STUDIES: Short term/Visitor parking is available on the east side of the building. There is a parking ticket machine next to the Sie Complex building where you will have to purchase a ticket at the rate of $1.50/hour. When using hourly parking, you’ll enter your license plate number, and you don’t have to print out anything at the pay station to leave in your car. The machine takes both cash and cards.

                                Public parking is also available in LOT E (click on map link below). Each car is $6 (CASH) for the whole CCDC Luncheon event. (Take E. Evans to S. High St. and make a left.)

                                http://www.du.edu/media/documents/maps/map-parking.pdf

                                The DU campus is accessible via RTD buses and the light rail.

                                How can I contact the organizer with any questions?

                                Any questions?  Please contact Director of Development Laura Gabbay at lgabbay at ccdconline.org or call 720-249-2208.

                                Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

                                There will be no printed tickets for this event.  We will hold all guests' names at the door.

                                Are there scholarships available if I'm unable to afford the $40 ticket price?

                                Our intent at CCDC is to make this event as inclusive as possible so please contact Executive Director Julie Reiskin at jreiskin at ccdconline.org to request a ticket that one of our event sponsors has donated back to the organization so that our Members may attend.

                                How can I request a reasonable accommodation and/or advise of any dietary restrictions?

                                Please contact Office Manager/Executive Assistant Marlene Murillo at mmurillo at ccdconline.org.

                                What if I'm unable to attend the luncheon event, yet still want to make a donation to CCDC to support its individual and systems advocacy work all year-round?

                                Please click here to make a secure online donation to CCDC via ColoradoGives.org

                                Share this event on Facebook and Twitter

                                We hope you can make it!

                                Respectfully yours,

                                Laura Gabbay, Director of Evaluation & Development

                                Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition

            Eventbrite, Inc. | 155 5th St, 7th Floor | San Francisco, CA 94103