[Nfb-greeley] June minutes

JJ Aragon mistyluna at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 21 15:54:14 UTC 2017

Hi All!
I'm having some technical issues, so please excuse the brevity of these minutes.
The Greeley Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Meeting Minutes for June 17, 2017
Treasurer's Report: As of May 31, we had $654.91. Subtract $235 for the King Sooper cards, and we have $419.91.
May Minutes: approved.
Fundraising: King Sooper Cards
*  We surpassed the minimum amount for the first order at $235.
*  Our goal is to sell enough cards by the end of the year to show that the cards are being used. Melissa will be receiving a check and statement every month that shows this.
*  We're selling them equal to what they're worth.
*  As a chapter, our responsibility is to remind people to reload the cards.
Please let me know if I missed anything related to the cards.
TVI Event
*  Razz agreed to contact Dr. Conroy and Danielle.
JJ will contact Dr. Correa-Torres and the UNC Special Ed department.
*  Our goal at the moment is to promote our idea for video interaction with the Intro to Blindness class to UNC and gauge their interest. Until we have made contact, we tabled the TVI event discussion.
State Report
The Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users will be holding their annual seminar at the Center on June 24th. It will feature NFBCO leaders sharing their experiences with guide dogs, treat making, a presentation from Complete Spectrum to raise money for the division, and a dog in training.
Congratulations to Dora for winning a state scholarship this year!
Please let me know if anything in these minutes needs to be updated. Especially in the King Soopers section.
I'm excited to see all of you tomorrow at 1 at Centennial Park Library. I will send out an agenda later today.
Best,
JJ

… Addicted to the written word…