[NFB-Greeley] grocery delivery for 60 plus in weld county.

Melissa R. Green graduate56 at juno.com
Sat Apr 18 18:20:45 UTC 2020

If you are 60 or older and in need of grocery delivery, please call (970) 702-6413 9am-4pm Monday through Friday.
There are no income restrictions for eligibility, you simply need to be 60 or older and live in Weld County.
Deliveries will be made from WalMart and King Soopers, depending on location, as well as Weld Food Bank for those who qualify.
We will do our best to accommodate payment options, but credit and debit cards are strongly preferred.
We will gladly use clients' EBT cards at WalMart locations with their cooperation and written permission.
If you are in need of basic necessities and are unable to pay for them at this time, please talk with the staff person answering the phone when you call. We have limited funds for those with extreme needs and you may qualify. There is also Weld Food Bank Emergency box delivery available for those who qualify.
After your order has been placed you will be given the day and time window to expect delivery as chosen from times offered on the online grocery program. The delivery is typically the following week, so you will need to plan ahead.
You will receive a phone call from your volunteer delivery driver shortly before the groceries will be placed near your front door. To minimize contact you will be asked to remain in your home until the volunteer is back in "/her car.
Background checks will have been completed on all volunteers.
This new program is up and running with our first deliveries made on March 24th, but we are still working out details, especially outside of Greeley-Evans.
Please call  970-702-6413 if you have disposable gloves, masks, or disinfecting wipes to donate for our volunteers' use.
Please call 970-702-6413 if you would like to volunteer to deliver groceries in your area.
Volunteer delivery drivers will not handle payment.
Volunteers will stay in their cars other than to put groceries on clents' porches while clients wait inside their homes.
Volunteers should plan for the delivery process to take approximately three hours, though the time may vary.
Volunteers will be given disposable gloves to be worn from the time they reach the pick-up site until they have made their last delivery.
Volunteers will be given a disinfecting wipe when they arrive to pick up groceries. The wipe is to be used to clean car surfaces they have touched during the pick-up and delivery process once deliveries are complete, just before removing and disposing of gloves.

Thank you, be blessed, and be well!

Janet Bedingfield
Executive Director
60+ Ride

Sincerely,
Melissa R.  Green and Pj
A home is nothing without the people you love inside of it.