[NFB-Greeley] January Meeting Notes

Razz Terizzi confiscatedretina at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:46:01 UTC 2023

Hello everyone!

Here are the notes for this month’s meeting. Hopefully I caught all the typos this time haha.

Razz

NFB of Greeley
January 2023
Saturday 28
12pm Zoom

JJ Aragon, Rodney and Brenda, David, Linda, Blaire, Razz, Melissa

Meeting opened with some social catching up

Snowy Sidewalks
JJ would like our chapter to work with the city to enforce snow removal laws on sidewalks due to the dangerous conditions for blind residents in winter weather; discussion of the current lack of enforcement of snow removal First steps: reach out to the city, to the chamber of commerce to find out what the laws are. Attend city council meetings to bring up this issue. Talk to Garrett and Becky about getting state resources on this issue through Voc Rehab. Jj will research city council meeting information so members may attend. Razz will reach out to Greeley Mall. Rodney will contact traffic engineering department.

Phone Seminar
Potentially in March at Blaire’s house

Fundraising
Cafe Mexicali host, pass out fliers and our chapter would get part of the profits from people who attend

Northern Colorado seminar with Fort Collins chapter this summer
To show that this part of Colorado is united. Razz and JJ will attend those chapter meetings with David as well.  Fort Collins chapter meets monthly on Tuesday nights.

Discussion of the state board meeting and Day at the Capital on February 13.

Discussion about what to do as a blind person who is issued a jury summons and areas where the blind may face discrimination when fulfilling this duty.

Discussion and explanation of what resolutions are for our new members.

Day at the Capital
February 13
Tentative attendees: Razz, JJ, Rodney
JJ will get in touch with Dan to learn more about what we need to do. Rodney wants to know what media coverage this event gets (mostly press releases through newspapers). In the past there was live news coverage, Melissa isn’t sure if there still is currently. Rodney suggested contacting news stations to let them know this event is happening.

Howard Fund to get access to technology. CCB Equipment Fund.

Newsline and Radio Reading Service
Melissa described these phone services. Contact Paul Sandoval for Newsline for Newsline. CTBL offers Bookshare memberships and braille ereaders for members.

Next meeting Melissa will bring information to February meeting about accessible pharmacy and pet medications.

JJ is planning to restart her blindness and reading podcast.

Melissa will be out of contact for a couple weeks in February.

Bring things you want to talk about for the phone seminar next month.

Next meeting:
February 18 at 1pm, location to be determined, potentially at Blaire’s house. Members encouraged to bring snacks.
101 North 49 Ave Place

Treasurer’s report: $427.05

Day at the Capital information will be sent to the group chat and email.

Meeting adjourned at 1;38pm

Sent from my iPhone