[NFB-Hams] proposal for ham classes

D. Curtis Willoughby ka0vba at dimcom.net
Tue Jul 13 01:49:43 UTC 2021

Hello, NFB hams:

It looks like several folks are interested in ham classes.
I started a technician class last summer, and we got a new tech
from it.  We followed that up with a general class and,
while the student has not yet passed his general test, we
have gone through all the questions and he is continuing to study.

Thanks to AD5AQ for his help and his modified  question pool.

I would be willing to do this again, but I would like to
have some help.

I have a professional Zoom license, that I am willing to use
for the purpose, provided the class does not conflict with
the other meetings I carry.    One thing I lack is a host
or two.

Jim Shaffer and perhaps others, you could help out when I
get stumped on a technical question.

The others of you could help out, too by taking turns with
handling some of the questions.

J. D. started out doing the questions, but he had a lot of
hurricane damage, and could not carry it through to the end.

I would also be willing to carry a code class, but am not
willing to lead it.

Mr. president, do the officers need to become involved to
make this project official.  Among other things, my group
e-mails have often been blocked because someone has questioned
my authority to do this work.

It may delay the plan if we have to wait for a board
meeting, but that may be the cost of keeping things legal.

If someone else wants to do this, I will not mind at all,
but there was a plan to do this as a division project last
year, and I think it did not happen.

There is something to be said for striking while the iron
is hot, so let us not wait so long that the interest wanes.

73
D. Curtis Willoughby--ka0vba