[NFB-Hams] accessibility of handhelds

Maurice Mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Wed Nov 23 22:43:50 UTC 2022

Good afternoon Curtis, I did a little research and based on price only not so much function down all day I think a better radio pick up that has some speech is the VX 50 T made by Alinco it is  fm only but it has  all off the  NOAA weather channels. The radio also has a pretty good FM broadcast receiver. channels. The radio also has a pretty good FM broadcast receiver. That also has the aircraft been thrown in. But it claim to fame is you get speech on for channel number announcement only. Which is a plus and it’s just basic off the shelf radio.

Your other option is the  Gd77 software that runs en someDMR radios. However, you would have to knowradios. However, you would have to know how to put all the information into a DMR code plug.

The VX50T that I mentioned above, just needs the RT system programming software. I hope this helps.  A final note here, that RT system software that I mentioned above, runs in windows only. However, it is quite usable with Jaws. A final note here, that RT system software that I mentioned above, runs in windows only. However, it is quite usable with Jaws.  Final thank you R, the VX 50 T is $95 US and the Nikon Teton is $208. Both radios apparently are waterproof.  I final note, please be aware that I am dictating this entire email to my phone. So if there’s something that you did not understand, please write me an email and ask.

Maurice Mines.
Board member national Federation of the blind, deaf, blind division.
first, vice president, national Federation of the Blind of California, death blind division.
Vice president national Federation of the Blind of California Bakersfield chapter.
Direct voicemail to text 661-868-9647.
Amateur radio callsign, kd0iko.
Please be aware that when leaving me a voicemail, I cannot hear traditional voicemail. That means please speak clearly, and slowly, so that it can transcribe what you’re saying properly. Remember, please leave your number twice if you wish for me to call you back. If you are texting, please remember to remind me of that so that I can text you, thank you for reading this.