[Nfb-hi] FW: Letters to President Obama

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 26 22:17:07 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Fredric Schroeder [mailto:fschroeder at sks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:11 AM
To: fschroeder at sks.com
Subject: Letters to President Obama

Good Morning All,

Please take a moment today to think about the ways in which
Braille has
impacted your life.  Then, please take these thoughts, put them
into
words, and put these words into a letter to President Barak
Obama.  On
October 1 we will present 100 of our collected letters about
Braille to
President Obama, demonstrating through our own voices the power
of
Braille literacy.  If your letter to President Obama is one of
the 100
selected, you will receive a free Louis Braille Bicentennial
Silver
Dollar.  The deadline for submissions is this Friday, August 28.
Submit your letter today! at www.braille.org

If you have any problems submitting your letter, please contact
Liz Makowske at the National Center.  Her email address is
EMakowske at nfb.org

Thanks,

Fred Schroeder

P.S.  Have you invested in Braille Literacy?  See how to make
change with
a dollar at
http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Video/prelaunch_coin.wmv
<http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Video/prelaunch_coin.wmv

and BUY your Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar while they
are
still available at http://is.gd/1DzGf